Sunday, April 10, 2011

Wearing a scarf with Flair

There is one thing about a Frenchwoman: she definitely knows how to wear a scarf! In my bedroom there are some hooks brim-full with the most beautiful scarves which friends and family brought me.

Every Frenchwoman throws a scarf over her clothes, they say, and you should do it too! Do these lovely gifts suit me? No! If I do try one on, no matter where I wear it, it will seem as if I have headache, neck-ache or toothache! It does not help that many of my forebears were French!

This French Belle was one of the first I painted. She was adopted by a small company that sells imported French fruit drinks. Unlike me, my Belle knows what style of scarf will go with her white sun dress and beads!

5 comments:

  1. Marie, I love all of you 'Belles', but this one is extremely intersting to me. It has the feel of an Egyptian wall painting. Maybe it is the stylized figure that is so close in gesture to reality. Perhaps it is the outline on parts of the body, but, whatever it is I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, what a clever observation! I an see it too now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so gorgeous Marie! and I agree with you, I cannot by-pass a shop without buying a beautiful scarf, and also just cannot wear them! I too feel suffocated and it gets caught up in everything I do! Love the colours you used here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scarves are not for us, Maree. Too much of the country girl in both of us. The silvery colours of the older Belles have a story: my frames made the canvasses and his undercoat made everything look pastel and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful blog. Love the French Belles. I also love scarves so this is a favorite.

    ReplyDelete